Apr 16, 2016

Resist Technique, Watercolor Happy Birthday Card

Hi, Y'all ! 
I just thought I stop in on this beautiful day to share my latest happy birthday watercolor card with you.  I told you I'm in love with this technique!  I hope you all won't grow tired of me sharing these watercolor cards with you.  
This time, I thought I would try out my new Molotow resist pen.  Let me just say "fun, fun" !  The possibilities with this technique are endless. 
Here is the card I made using this watercolor resist technique.


I used the Molotow resist pen to write the words "happy birthday" onto watercolor paper.  Next, I watercolor painted over the words.  Once the paint has dried, just erase the resist fluid, and what you're left with is this! 


I embellished my birthday card with some machine stitching, a few sequins in coordinating colors, and a hand folded paper star. 

I hope this inspires you to get out of your crafty comfort zone and try something new.  I'm so glad that I tried this watercolor resist technique, I love it!  I'm overflowing with new ideas using this technique. 
What about you?  Is there a new technique that you've recently given a try?  Did you like it?  Leave a comment and share your experience, I'd love to know all about it. 

Blessings,
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png
products used:

  
            
I'm playing along here,
Curtain Call Simplicity Challenge ( The script on my card seemed to fit this week's theme)


1 comment:

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!