Feb 6, 2012

Zuppa Tuscana Soup


As I sit here with a looming head cold, throat hurting, head throbbing, and body aches. All I can think of is eating a warm bowl of Zuppa Tuscana Italian Soup. You know, the soup that the Olive Garden offers. Well, feeling this sick, I don't really want to go out, it's a good thing that I made some last week, and put some away for a time such as this. 
For those of you who like me crave this soup, but can't afford to go out to the Olive Garden every month. Then I'm sharing this guarded recipe with you all. 

You will need:
1 lb. Colissimo's Hot Italian Sausage
1 whole onion finely diced
1 TBS. garlic powder + additional to taste
1/2 TBS. Italian seasoning.
5 washed and thinly sliced russet potatoes
12 cups chicken broth.
1 cup Hormel real bacon pieces
8 oz. fresh or frozen chopped spinach
2 cups heavy cream
Lawry's garlic salt to taste


directions:
1. cook Italian sausage (casings removed) in a large stock pot with the diced onion, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning over medium heat until sausage is cooked through. ( be sure to use the HOT Italian sausage to get that signature spice in the soup.)
2. add the thinly sliced russet potatoes with the 12 cups broth, and bacon. Bring to a boil, allow to simmer for 10 minutes.

3. add the 8oz. of spinach, simmer for an additional 10 minutes. 
4. Slowly stir in the heavy cream. add garlic salt and garlic powder to taste. 
5. heat until warmed through and serve. 
I like to serve this soup with warm Italian bread sticks.(recipe coming soon). This soup was inspired by Mrs. Robin Acree, who has taught me what it means to be hospitable. Recipe adapted from Mrs. Becky Adank and Diane Dupont. Thank you so much ladies for your godly example of ministry to others. It truly is a blessing to call you my friends. 

Pin It

I'm linking up with:
HookingupwithHoH
Beauty and Bedlam Beyond The Picket Fence
Mouthwatering Mondays

Enhanced by Zemanta

12 comments:

  1. This looks GREAT Misty!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe! I wanted to remind you that you've won the Rendi Giveaway!!! Would send me a line when you find a free moment so I can send the contact info to Jessie!?! Thanks LOTS! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did win that. I had chose my design, then got distracted with something else. I forgot to go back and finish the order. I'll do that today. It was the first thing that I've ever won. Thank you. I hope that you enjoy the recipe.

      Delete
  2. Misty, I cannot wait to try this soup! I hope you are feeling better soon. Have you ever tried putting hot sauce in Zuppa Tuscana? It is so tasty with a little heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I hope to feel better soon too! My son has tried the soup with hot sauce. He loves it that way. He puts hot sauce in everything. I stopped by your blog, I really enjoyed it. I'll stop by more often.

      Delete
  3. I love Zuppa and I order it everytime I go to Olive Garden! Can you please post at my TTT party
    www.bellmiracle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surely going to be making this soon! Do you think the hot sausage will make it to spicey for Porter to eat? I hope you guys are feeling better! See you soon! Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you like it. I'm not sure if it would be too spicy for Porter, I'm thinking to make it when you come over. then you could try it, and see what you think. I can't wait it will be so fun.

      Delete
    2. Oh I can't wait for tomorrow, it's going to be great fun! I'm excited to see you guys and do some crafting :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you're feeling better!

    I should make this soup - I bet my husband would just love it. I think we'd use light cream or even half-and-half, though - trying to cut down a bit. ;)

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the get well wishes. I have tried making it lighter, but I can't help myself, I just have to use the heavy cream. haha. I hope that you and your husband enjoy it.

      Delete
  6. This looks so warm and comforting! Hope it made you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!