Apr 7, 2016

Precious Grace, Clear Scraps Girls Dress Album

  Hello There! Time for me stop in and share another album with you.  I made this album for a close friend of mine, and I enjoyed every minute of the process.  She and her precious girl inspired every pretty detail of this album!

  This time, I've made a "clear scraps" album. What's that, you ask?  Clear Scraps is a company who specializes in acrylic scrap products. Working with acrylic is so fun! It takes album design to a whole new level, as you need to plan out what will show from behind. I love working with acrylic albums because it makes it possible to show so much more dimension.   Let me show you!

  I'll try to show you each layer of the album at a time, so you can see how each clear layer builds upon the layer behind it. This is the front cover and some of what you're seeing is actually behind the  top layer. 
For the second page, I wanted something solid to build on.  So I traced the acrylic dress shape onto cardboard, cut out, and added it right into the album.
  This is the solid cardboard page I made. This is the page that is directly behind the front cover. As you can see the cluster around the frame could also be seen from the front cover.  And isn't Baby Grace just the cutest! She's definitely the star of this page. 

  Here's the next page, another clear layer.  You can see the french script paper from the layer below this page, but it looks to be a part of this page. 
  This is also a clear page, but I Modge Podged the script paper to the backside knowing that it would show through. It gave such a unique look to the page. And don't you just adore this picture. :) It makes me smile. 
  And the next page, also a clear layer. 
  It looks as if her name is on this page above her picture, but it's actually showing through from the page behind this one. 
So, now that you've seen the first half of this album, would you like to try out a clear scraps album for yourself?  I'll admit, I was a little intimidated to work with a product I had never used before.  I can honestly say I have no regrets!  I'll be back to share the 2nd half of the album soon, and to share tips on how I created it.  Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have. I'd be happy to help.  

Blessings,
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png
products used:
    
I also used paper from MME lost and found, market street collection. Craft Smith Tea Party paper pad. I used lots of embellishments from my stash, too many to list.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!