Jan 24, 2012

Valentine Cherry Pie Pops


Once upon a time, there was a bored stay at home mom. She was just browsing Etsy when suddenly inspiration struck. She saw these adorable Valentine Cherry Pie Pops. The cost: $12.00 a dozen + shipping. Whew. 

(O.K. that's enough of the third person narrative.)   
So, I decide that I'm going to make these myself. Why might you ask?
1. Because I'm el cheapo and refuse to pay that much for "treats"
2. Because I'm a DIYer 
3. Because I needed something to put on this blog for Valentines Day.
4. Because my daughter wanted me to.
Now, the last reason is absolutely the best reason, and we had a lot of fun making these. She could hardly wait to eat one. Yes, that's her holding one. 
Let me now share with you how I made them. 
You will need:
-Pillsbury rolled pie crust
- can of cherry pie filling
-Wilton Lollipop Sticks, 8", 25 count
First, carefully unroll the pie crust, then you'll need to cut 2-inch diameter circles. I used a measuring cup to cut out my circles. 
next, cut out a heart shape from the circle that will be your top. ( be careful not to cut the heart out to large, or the filling will leak out. ) I just free handed it, using a knife.
Place 2 halved cherries from the pie filling onto the bottom circle. 
now, carefully place the top circle over the cherry filled circle. Now add the lollipop stick, make certain the stick is from the bottom almost to the top. ( if the stick isn't all the way to the top, then your pie pop will fall off when you try to pick it up by the stick.)
Once you've placed the stick, pinch down the edges using a fork. 
Lay pops onto a baking sheet, bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. It may even be fun to use the extra heart cutouts for added embellishment. 
All finished, now time to wrap them up cute to share with loved ones. 

Just wrap with plastic, tie on a little pink raffia, and attach a free printable gift tag. The gift tags were generously provided by
 Art by Julie H. (sorry, these tags are no longer available)
I hope that you enjoy the fun idea, and make the most of it. 
Thank you for stopping by,

 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're getting some. :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute and yummy idea. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad that you like it Cheri, it really was alot of fun.

      Delete
  3. Such a cute idea! Love it!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad that you took a look. I hope that it's something you can use.

      Delete
  4. Super Cute! Thanks so much for linking up!! Just a reminder to register for my giveaway...

    Ramsign Giveaway: Porcelain Enamel Sign {up to $99 value}

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm heading over. Thanks for taking a look.

      Delete
  5. Oh this is such a fun idea! They look absolutely delicious! And I love the way you wrapped them up too - adorable! Very Martha Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm glad that you stopped by. :)

      Delete
  6. These are darling! Thanks so much for linking this up to Things That Make You Say Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I'm glad that you host linky parties every week.

      Delete
  7. Thanks these are too cute. I'M GOING OUT NOW TO BUY ALL THE INGREDIENTS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see how they turn out. Send me a picture.

      Delete
  8. Misty, your cherry pie pops are so adorable! What a wonderful idea! My family enjoys what we've dubbed "Cherry Hand Pies", but I've never thought to put them on a stick. Brilliant! I'll definitely be giving these a try next time we go cherry picking!

    So glad I saw you post featured over at Elizabeth & Co.!

    Cheers,
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and easy to make. I am looking for attractive food items to make and sell in conjunction with a Rummage Sale for our church to raise money to buy new chairs for the sanctuary. One question: can you freeze these?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, I've never tried. I don't see why not. I hope that it works out, and that the bake sale makes enough. I'm so glad you made the time to stop by, thank you. :)

      Delete

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!