Hello, may I ask a question? Where did the month of April go? It seemed to just whiz by! And now we're into the month of May. With that being said, I realized that Mother's Day is fast approaching. Next Sunday to be exact! So I decided to get right to work creating some fun printable Mother's Day gift tags.
After designing the tags, I chose to use one as a card base for my very own dear mom.
Here's what I did to create this card:
1. distress edges of tag and card using Close to my heart basics ink in slate and chocolate.
2. using viva's glass effect pen draw over the Mom sentiment.
3. Stamp family history sentiment onto a precut banner. ( MME indie chic)
4. machine stitch around the tag, and banner.
5. adhere doilies and tag to card base
6. stamp medallions on tag ( MME indie chic)
7. adhere flourish stickers
8. using a hot glue gun adhere the fabric flower
9. glue the family history banner just under the fabric flower
10. fussy cut woman image from 2nd tag
11. adhere the fussy cut woman over the corresponding image using dimensional foam tape.
In this close up you can see the machine stitching and the raised effect that fussy cutting the woman gives.
I hope this inspires you to try your hand at paper creations using free printables.
To access The free retro mom printable tag click HERE.
I hope that you enjoy your Mother's Day celebrations, honoring the woman that God has chosen for you,
Products used for this card: