Apr 20, 2016

Close To My Heart Acrylic Mothers' Day Card


Hi, hows it going?
 I hope you're all prepared for Mothers' day because it's in about 2 weeks! Ya, I just realized that and thought that I had better get started on my Mothers' day projects.
I've got several cards to make, and I started with this 'Close To My Heart' acrylic card. 
I've shared acrylic projects before, most recently an acrylic mini album.  Working with acrylic can be challenging, but as I've said before the results are worth it.  acrylic cards are so unique, you can be sure that your recipient won't receive another like it. 



Here's the card that I've created using a 'Close To My Heart' acrylic card base.  My inspiration for this card came from my crafty friend Jacqueline over at Raindrops on Roses. 
This is her card creation.


Don't you just love it!
Jacqueline hand paints the designs for her cards and sells them in her Etsy shop. Stop on by and take a look at all of her gorgeous offerings! 
When I saw her card, I just knew that I'd have to get out my teacup paper that I'd been saving for such a time as this. 


I fussy cut the teacups from the paper that I had been saving, then adhered them to the front of the acrylic card base.  I also used 'Close To My Heart' resistibles letters to spell out 'MOM' on the front of the card. I inked the letters using my Tim Holtz distress inks. 
I know this picture is at a bit of a weird angle, but I'm trying to give you a good look at the acrylic. I've inked the edges of my acrylic card base using Staz On ink in white. I just love the frosted look that it gives to the acrylic. 

I hope you've been inspired to treat your momma to some handmade creations this Mothers' Day.  If you're in need of more inspiration, I have another Mothers' Day card with a free printable tag here.

Thanks for stopping by today,
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png
Products used:

     

I'm participating in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous x10000...I love how light and airy your designs are! The colors are so lovely and the details are simply delightful! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make It Girlie” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!