Jan 16, 2012

All Boy Scrapbook layout

Have you ever looked at someone's scrapbook, and thought to yourself  " wow, I wish that I could do that." Or thought, " I'd never have the time, where would I even begin? " 
That is what I used to think until I finally decided that I was just going to do it. I'm still a newbie to scrapbooking, but I can attest to the value of this popular "hobby". ( I use the term "hobby" loosely.)
Scrapbooking is something that can be done with others. Family and friends who get together to scrapbook are creating lasting memories. My 10-year-old daughter loves to scrapbook with me, and I really enjoy showing her all of the new techniques that I've learned. ( Techniques that my friends have shown me. )
Scrapbooking is also a very personal way to preserve your cherished moments. Everyone begins to find their own sense of style and design. This is something valuable to the future generations who will look at your pages. They will be seeing a small piece of who you are on every page. Making scrapbook pages also gives you more space to journal about your memories. Future generations would be blessed to read what grandma wrote about mom. When I was a girl I loved to look through the family photo albums, but sometimes my grandparents could not remember what a photo was, or why it was kept. Scrapbooking your pictures keeps you from forgetting.

This is my latest page, using My Minds Eye papers and embellishments. I also used some coordinations cardstock paper from my stash.
The little wood heart was from my stash, I inked it using Tim Holtz distress ink. The gift tag is a free printable as seen in my last Freebie Friday post. 

But what if your just not a paper cutting kind of person? Well, with all of the digital scrapbooking options out there, you don't have to be. You could do all of it on your computer. No mess, No glue, No printing pictures to begin. Just place your pictures, journal, and print or write onto a disc. I personally recommend the My Memories Suite v.3 software. It allows you to be simple and just drag pictures to the page, or get as creative as you would like, and customize your own page. It's easy to install and easy to use. To see some pages that I've created in the past using this program click here. 

So what are you waiting for... go on and preserve your memories for others to enjoy. 

Blessings,
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png

4 comments:

  1. You doing better every day! Beautiful layout,I really enjoy. Thank you for share :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliana, I'm learning so much from you! I'm glad that you stopped by.

      Delete
  2. So can I just tell you how much I LOVE My Minds Eye paper products. The only thing is I have trouble finding the line in stores. Where do you get yours? I just ordered some stuff from them online last week because I couldn't find it in the store. Major bummer, shipping cost me 7 bucks!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's one of my fav. lines. I know that hobby lobby in the district sells some, not much though. My neighbor is a wholeseller of the products. you could buy it from her in her e-bay store, then you would save on shipping because she could just give it to me, and I'd get it to you. Here is the link to her store http://stores.ebay.com/dolcescrapbook

      Delete

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!