May 16, 2016

Layout Inspired "Hello There" Card

Hello everyone,
I'm back to share an idea that has been rolling around inside my head for quite some time now.  I've decided to start a series, that I hope to keep going for awhile. 
I would like to begin a series showcasing cards that are "Layout Inspired".  Basically, I'll be sharing a card that has been inspired by a layout that I've seen on Pinterest.  Let me tell you, the inspiration is never ending.  I really like taking my inspiration from layouts, being that a layout is much larger than a card, it's easy to grab an idea or two and work that into a smaller version.  I'm always wanting to learn new techniques and trying out something I've seen on a layout without having to make an entire full-page layout.  
So, here is my first card for the "Layout Inspired" series.


Now, let me show you the layout that inspired this card.



Isn't this layout just gorgeous?  It was created by the talented Wilna Furstenberg.  She shares with her readers a free Silhouette cut file if your interested.  I hope she doesn't mind me using her layout as inspiration.  I just couldn't help myself. :)


I actually don't own a Silhouette machine.  I do however have a very old Cricut machine and cartridge that just happened to have a butterfly image.  So I used that instead to make my die cut negative.  I then adhered a few of the cut-out butterflies to my card with machine stitching.  I stamped my sentiment and lastly added some watercolor.  I really like how the water coloring made the wings of my butterflies curl. 


Lastly, I added a few sequins and enamel dots. 
This card was so much fun to create, and it all started with some "Layout Inspiration".  I hope this encourages you to browse through your Pinterest boards, find some inspiration, and go make something! 
Thank you all for stopping by today and for your interest in my creative journey.  I hope you've enjoyed the first installment in the "Layout Inspired" series, and will back for more. 

Have a blessed week,
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png
Products used:
Pink Paislee paper from the Christy Tomlinson She Art line
MME enamel dots
Doodlebug Design sequins in limeade
Tim Holtz distress inks in peacock feathers and mowed lawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!