May 20, 2016

Graduation 2016 Shaker Card

Hello There,
I've got a little time on my hands today, so I thought I would stop in real quick to share my latest card with you all. 
I recently had a special request for a graduation card.  The only issue was I've never made a graduation card, and I don't usually like the graduation cards that I see.  The just always seem to be so plain, without girly colors and embellishments that I like to use when making a card.  Well, I tried my best, I'm not sure if this is much better, but it is definitely embellished.  I still don't think I would consider this my favorite type of card to make, but it was fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

misty d. designs

I'd been wanting to make a shaker card for awhile now,  so I decided to go for it with this card. 
Can I just tell you how hard it is to take a decent picture of cards like this, the photo overlays give off a lot of glare, you can actually see my reflection!  

misty d. designs

I used a My Minds Eye Fancy That photo overlay that I stitched to my cardstock base.  I left a small opening to put all of the sequins and confetti through.  Then finished stitching it up.  I gold embossed  "2016" and "grad " then fussy cut them out and adhered them to the card using foam dimensional squares.  

misty d. designs

I used a My Minds Eye Niche die for the banner, that I watercolor painted using Tim Holtz Mustard seed and squeezed lemonade distress inks. I then added letter stickers for the word "congrats", these are also from My Minds Eye. 
I really had fun making this card, it's always great to try new techniques.  The possibilities are endless.

Blessings,
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png
Products used:

                                                                               

I'm participating in the following challenges:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!