Jun 22, 2016

Patriotic Wall Hanging For Word Art Wednesday #236-237

Hi There,
Whew!  I can't believe I haven't blogged in 2 weeks!  Life has been C R A Z Y busy!  I've just returned from Bible Camp, which just let me say was such a blessing to be a part of.  Every year I get the privilege of watching my Almighty God move and work in ways that I would have never expected!  And now that I'm back the summer activities are in full swing.  Speaking of summer activities, The 4th of July is just around the corner.  I'm a very patriotic person and I'm so thankful to God for the freedoms we have in this country and for all those who've been willing to give their lives to defend those freedoms. With that being said, let me show you my latest Word Art Wednesday design. 

misty d. designs

I was inspired by this week's Word Art to create something with a patriotic feel.  I chose to use papers from Websters Pages, Yacht Club line.  It's a pretty old line, but it worked out perfectly for what I had in mind with this verse. 
Just as I'm thankful for the freedoms I enjoy as a U.S. citizen,  I'm even more thankful for the freedom I have in Christ, my redeemer, and friend. 
This verse is a perfect reminder of  what Jesus has done for me.  He gave His life on Calvary to set me free!  Free from the bondage of sin, free from the law, and free to live a new life in Him!  How could I do anything less than to praise Him all my days?! 
And the best part is this freedom, found only in Christ, He freely offers to anyone who would put their complete trust in Him.  
The Bible calls us to repent  and believe.  This simple means to turn away from your sin and turn to the one who died for you, Jesus, who rose again on the third day and is now seated at the right hand of the Father making intercession for His people. 
That's it, no works, no way to earn God's favor.  Christ has paid it all and offers this gift to anyone who would believe. That's what the Bible calls grace, the unmerited favor of God. 
I pray that anyone reading this today who does not know Christ as their saviour would call out to Him today!  You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain by doing so.  

misty d. designs

Because "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." 
As always I encourage you to participate in this week's Word Art Wednesday Challenge.  The challenge is anything goes and the word art is free to use.  
Thank you for your visit today and for your encouraging comments. 

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!