Jul 6, 2016

John 14:27 Word Art Wednesday Card

Hi, I'm back to share my newest Word Art Wednesday card design with you all.   I just love having the privilege of designing for Word Art Wednesday.   Sometimes I get so busy, I don't even have the time to go sit in my craft room and just create, but being a part of the design team forces me to make time.  This then becomes an even more special time for me as I'm able to meditate on the verse for that week.  It truly has been such a blessing to me personally to be a part of this team. 
This weeks verse was a particular blessing to me as I thought on it throughout the week. 
The verse for this week is John 14:27, this is what I came up with:

Misty D. Designs

I chose to use this pretty floral paper from My Minds Eye Everday Flair line.  I went for a floral pattern because as I thought about this verse the song " In the Garden" kept coming to mind.  The song speaks of  time spent in communion with Jesus in a garden,  As we spend time in God's word and in prayer a peace that passes all understanding is gained. We become rooted and grounded in the promises of God, and that gives me peace throughout all of life's trials and seasons. 

Misty D. Designs

I fussy cut the flowers and leaves from the same patterned paper I used for the background. I really wanted my card to have a 3D feel to it, and to really make the verse the focal point of the card.   I used a frame from fancy pants designs around the verse.  I did have to cut it just a bit to make it fit, but I'm still happy with how it turned out. 

Misty D. Designs

I also really liked how Karen's font choice emphasizes particular parts of the verse.  It really helps me to memorize the verse.  ( I'm a visual learner ).  It caused me to think over and over again this week on  "let not your heart be troubled".  I really needed a good reminder of this command from Jesus.  I don't need to worry, or  be troubled because God has everything in control, and if I'm trusting in Him and His perfect plan, then I have nothing to be "troubled" about. 
I'm so thankful for the "peace" that Jesus gives, for the "peace" that is found only in Him!  

As always, I encourage you to play along in the challenge over at Word Art Wednesday.  I'd love to see what you come up with!

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!