Jul 20, 2016

Starry Night Card for Word Art Wednesday #240-241

Welcome back! 
I'm checking in today to share my latest Word Art Wednesday design with you all.  Thank you all for your interest in Word Art Wednesday.  Your sweet comments are so encouraging and are a reminder of why I do this.  May Word Art Wednesday continue to be for His Glory! 
Isn't it really all about Him, not just Word Art Wednesday, but life as a whole?! 
That brings me to our current challenge.  The chosen verse is Ps. 8:3-4

Misty D. Designs

This verse speaks of the contrast between who God is and who man is.  When we really stop to consider that Holy God created every single atom in the vast universe by just the power of His word!  In light of how awesome God is, we are nothings.  This thought should both humble us and encourage us as well.   We have a God who does not need us, yet is mindful of us.  God desires a relationship with each one of us and in His wisdom has made a way for us to have that relationship with Him.  He sent His son to earth, to live a perfect sinless life, and to die on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins.  Jesus then rose from the dead on the 3rd day and is now in heaven making intercession for the saints (his followers).  
To have this relationship with God all you must do is repent of your sins, and trust completely in Christ's finished work on the cross.  I praise God that He chose to be "mindful" of us!  

Misty D. Designs

  To make this card I used Pennelli watercolors on Canson watercolor paper.  I then adhered lots of glass glitter,  clear confetti, and iridescent sequins.  All to give my card that "Starry Night" look.  I can't say this card turned out the way I had envisioned in my mind.  I'm still working on my watercolor skills.  :P  What matters is that I did my best and that I'm committed to improving my craft.  
I invite you to join the challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  It's "anything goes".  You are not required to use the verse, but we love it when you do!  I can't wait to see all of your creations. 

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!