Jul 7, 2016

Quick and Simple Baby Shower Cards

Hi, There! 
If your life is anything like mine, it's busy!  One thing that keeps me busy is the many baby showers that I'm invited to attend.  I love baby showers and the celebration of new life, but when I've got several back to back showers to attend, I barely have enough time to shop for a gift let alone make a card.  The problem is that I've always been a very slow crafter.  I really take my time to make a card, usually close to an hour per card.  Well, that isn't gonna work when I've only got 10 min. before a shower to get a card made.  So, I did it! I got my act together and found a simple way to put together a baby shower card in about 10 min. 
Here's a sampling of some of my latest baby shower cards. 

Misty D. Designs

What makes this process so easy and quick is to use a coordinating paper line that includes preprinted title cards.  For this trio of cards I used the "Hello Baby" line by Simple Stories. 

Misty D. Designs

For each card, I simply cut out a title tag from the paper ( this particular line has 3 full pages of tags, giving me the ability to make about 15 cards. ), adhered it to the card base, and lastly embellish. 

Misty D. Designs

On this card, I embellished using enamel dots, a button, fine distress glitter, and a stamped/embossed sentiment. 
Glue the layers together and you're finished! 

Misty D. Designs

I didn't add much to this card.  Just an enamel heart and some distress glitter to hearts. 

Misty D. Designs

This last card would be great for a boy's baby shower.

Misty D. Designs

I added an enamel heart, wooden button, and some twine.  I adhered the title tag to my base using foam tape to give it some dimension. 

Misty D. Designs

So that's it!  Only 10 min. per card!  It's so easy if I use a coordinating paper pack because then I don't have much to figure out, everything already matches so nicely. 
I encourage you to give it a try for your next baby shower, because who doesn't love receiving a handmade card? 
If you're not up to making them yourself,  I'll have this trio of cards for sale in my Etsy shop. Stop by and see what strikes your fancy. :) 

Blessings, 

Products used:


                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!