Apr 8, 2013

Autumn Bird Bliss Card

Okay, so I know it's not autumn, and spring is in full bloom, but I just had to share this card!  I made this card last October, and didn't get around to sharing it. So when Simon Says Stamp and Show hosted a fly challenge this week, I knew it would be the perfect time to bring this card out from hiding. 


The paper used for this card is from the MME Meadow collection. The rub ons are also from MME. and the flowers are Prima Marketing. 


Here is a close up of the bird, see how it kinda pops off the page, giving the card a more three dimensional effect. To achieve this look, I very carefully cut around the images on the paper using an exacto knife. Then I layered the paper over another piece of coordinating paper. 



This was such a fun card to make for a very special friend of mine. I encourage you to try your hand at using an exacto knife in your paper crafting... I am sure you'll come up with something grand. :)




Thank you for the time you took to stop by today, 
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png


                   



linking up with the following challenges:
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely card. The leaves and bird look wonderful. Great colours too. Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!