Aug 17, 2016

Proverbs 24: 3-4 Cards for Word Art Wednesday

Hi,Y'all! 
It's time once again for Word Art Wednesday!  I can't believe how quickly this summer has flown by, I've barely had the time to keep up with this blog and my design team commitments.  I don't know about you, but I'm beginning to feel ready for a more normal routine again.  Hopefully, I'll post more once that happens.  Hopefully, (wink, wink). 
I've really missed having time to spend in my craft room just creating, and meditating on God's word.  It's getting to be so bad that I've begun to shun my housework just so I can spend some time playing with papers.  Shame on me, I know, but doing that allowed me to make 2 Word Art Wednesday Card designs.  So, it can't be all bad, right? :) 

Misty D. Designs

This is the first card I created.  I had some new products on my desk that I'd yet to play with and finally got the chance to use them on this card.  I printed the Word Art onto a piece of Heidi Swapp Vellum.  I've never used vellum before, I really enjoyed it and have so many more ideas for future use.  When I saw this weeks' Word Art selection, I already knew what paper I would use.  I've been holding onto this sweet paper from Simple Stories since the Let's Create Expo I attended back in April!  It fits the verse perfectly! 

Misty D. Designs

Here is a close up of another new product I've been playing with lately. These adorable, little wood veneer hearts from The Paper Studio.   You may have seen me use them on my last Word Art Wednesday card.  You'll probably continue to see them, I apologize, but I'm kinda hooked. :)

Misty D. Designs

This is the second card I made.  I still had all my goodies out on my desk and just couldn't resist making another.   I used the same paper ephemera from Simple Stories, a little washi tape, and a new product I just received from Scrapbook.Com, called Nuvo Crystal Drops.  Have you heard of them?  Maybe I'm the last to know about these, but I think this product will be making a regular appearance in my work from here on out.  I love the pretty, little almost enamel looking drops.  

Misty D. Designs

You can see the crystal drops a little better in this close up. The color I used is called Duck Egg Blue.  It's such a soft blue that the drops are almost white.   I went a little crazy adding the liquid drops all over my card. They're just too fun!   And, yes, more wood veneer hearts. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I hope you've been encouraged and inspired to create for the King!  
I invite you to link up your creations over at Word Art Wednesday.  The Word Art is free to use, but not required.  I just love seeing what you all come up with . 

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!