May 8, 2012

Thinking Of You Card


I truly enjoy making cards. Usually, the inspiration for a card comes from one of two things.  A special someone, or beautiful paper. The inspiration for this card was a little of both. I really wanted to make a card for this "special someone" whom I had been praying for. I also really wanted to use my new 6x6  My Minds Eye paper pad. All of the paper used for this card is from the "fine and dandy" line. It has such a fun whimsical feel with a  vintage charm.  



The " just thinking of you " sentiment  is a free printable from Papertrey Ink.  I printed the image onto cardstock and cut it out. I then cut out the pink love birds from a piece of the  My Minds Eye paper. This technique is called fussy cutting, and I use it A LOT. I distressed all edges with my chalk inks.  Next, I glued just the edge of the love birds to the thinking of you image. I then adhered the birds to the mat using 2-sided foam tape, just to add some dimension to the card. Using something other than paper is also a nice way to add texture to a card.  For this card, I used a strip of pink ric rac, glued lengthwise down the side of the card. 


So, what inspires your creativity?  Be sure to leave a comment and share with us all what inspires you most.


Blessings,
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Misty. Thanks for sharing it. I didn't know PTI had free printables. I will be checking that out!

    Cheri
    djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it really does mean a lot coming from you. You're the master card maker! PTI only offers free printables on rare occasions. This one was offered for Valentines Day this year. I saved it to my computer, just knowing that I'd have a use for it at some point. I hope that you can use it too!

      Delete
  2. Cute card! I love to make cards too. That little tab on the card is a great touch. Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, and thank you for hosting the linky parties!!!

      Delete

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!