Dec 12, 2011

Key-Lime Snowballs


I'm so excited to finally get in some holiday baking! I enjoy the tastes, smells, and lovely colors of holiday baking. I enjoy baking with my kids at this time of year. Our project for today was a first at my house but oh-so worth it. If you find Key-Lime pie delicious, then you'll love these easy to make truffles. 
What you'll need:
1 pkg. Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
juice from 2 large limes
8oz. pkg. Philly cream cheese
2 6oz. pkg. Bakers White Chocolate.
flaked coconut
Begin by opening the pkg. of cookie dough, place the dough into a large mixing bowl. Next, Squeeze the juice from both limes into the dough. Use a mixer on low speed to incorporate the juice into the dough. Your mixture should be the consistency of frosting. 
Using a spatula, spread the dough mixture onto a 9x9 cookie sheet. 
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 min. or until edges are golden brown. 
it should look something like this. 
Once the cookie has cooled, use your hands to crumble it into a mixing bowl with the cream cheese. 
mix the lime cookie, and cream cheese together using your hands, finish mixing with a handheld mixer. You should now have a soft dough. that looks like this...
Now for the fun! 
*roll the dough into quarter sized balls
*using a toothpick, dip the ball into the melted white candy coating chocolate
*place chocolate covered ball onto wax paper
*sprinkle with flaked coconut while the chocolate is still soft.
*Chill for 1hr.
*Enjoy!
These truffles taste so yummy!  We were making them as gifts, but we'll see if there will be any left for giving.... 

Blessings,
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Coconut is my husband's absolute favorite. I think he would really appreciate these! Thanks for sharing & linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you could use this, they're my husbands fav. he's not into chocolate much. Thank you for providing a platform for bloggers like me.
    Misty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!