Oct 19, 2011

Carrot Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Cinnamon Frosting


Fall is definitely in the air, and it's certainly beginning to influence what I cook. Warm soups, and casseroles for dinner, and of course lots of pumpkin flavored desserts. If you're in the mood for something a little sweet, with classic fall flavors, then this dessert is for you.
What you will need
1 1/2 cups of flour
2/3 cup of sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 cup of oil
2 eggs
1 cup of grated carrots
1 tsp. of vanilla
1/2 cup of Pumpkin spice Jello pudding ( prepared according to pie filling directions)
note: This Jello is only available during the fall season. I purchase this Jello at Wal-Mart. I stock up when it's available.
 1st. Prepare the Jello according to pie directions on the box.
2nd. Mix all dry ingredients
3rd. Mix all wet ingredients except for the Jello Pudding
4th. combine the wet and dry ingredients.
5th. when ingredients are well blended together add the prepared pudding. Mix well
6th. place batter into paper-lined or greased muffin pans.
7th. bake at 350 degrees for about 25min.
MEANWHILE.............................................................................................
What you'll need for the frosting:
1. 8oz. pkg. Philly cream cheese
1/4 cup butter.
3cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon

1st. Mix cream cheese and butter with mixer until well blended
2nd. continue mixing with a mixer, add the cinnamon and vanilla
3rd. continue mixing with mixer.. add the powdered sugar a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.

Note: this frosting recipe makes more than enough to frost 36 full-size cupcakes. I usually double the recipe for cupcakes.
I hope that you give this recipe a try... and enjoy with family, and friends.
Eph. 5:20
" Giving thanks always for all things unto God"
Blessings,
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png

pumpkin spice jello

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm.....Sounds good! Love the cupcake holder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Night owl,
    Yes, I love my cupcake holder... It's so unique.
    Misty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided that I need to be your guinea pig "taste tester". Man those look delish! Fall is definitely a fun time to cook. And I love pumpkin! Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to try these tonight! Super yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids were so glad that I brought some back home. Jessica I'll have to have night owl take you a cupcake some time. I love all your kind comments.
    Misty:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were delicious! Couldn't stop at one so I had two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked. Thanks for stopping by... and leaving comments. They are always appreciated.

      Delete

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!