Jul 5, 2017

Texture and Stars Card for Word Art Wednesday #290-291

Hi! 
I hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day!  I know that I did!  Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays.   I love celebrating the birth of our nation and all that comes along with that.  We truly are blessed!  
That leads me to this week's Word Art Wednesday Card.  I used classic Americana elements to design my card, although it's not your typical patriotic colors.  

Misty D. Designs

I guess I kinda went for that vintage American look, oh, and stars upon stars. 🌟
I used a very old paper line from My Minds Eye.  I'm not sure if it's even available for purchase anymore, but it's called "Blink of an Eye".   I've kinda been hoarding this paper, it has an all-American, vintage summertime feel to it.  I embellished using some bronze star stickers from Jolee's that I purchased at Micheal's.  I added a strip of gold washi tape across the bottom and cut a piece of burlap doily to finish it off.

Misty D. Designs

I think you can see the bronze and gold a little more in this picture.   I also glued a wood veneer star to one of the bronze stars, just to add a little more texture. 

Misty D. Designs

As always thank you for stopping by today.  I encourage you to show us what you've got by joining in on the Word Art Wednesday Challenge.  The word art is always free to use, but not required to play along.  We have awesome sponsors and you just might win!  If you're on IG be sure to tag your creations using #wawchallenge to be featured.  

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!