Oct 12, 2016

My Latest Word Art Wednesday Card and Some Big News!

Well, Hello there!
I hope my post today finds you all doing well, thriving right where God has you, and at peace with whatever He has ordained for your life at this time.  I say that as I pray those very words for myself.  I desperately want to keep a quiet heart that is reliant upon Him to carry me through whatever He has planned for me.  I admittedly don't do a very good job of that and must keep going back to the "throne of Grace" crying out for more of Him. I'm so prone to wander and it's so easy to listen to the voices of worldly wisdom rather than to what my God has clearly said in His word.  That brings me to this week's Word Art Wednesday Card.

Misty D. Designs

I do apologize for the very bad photo.  It's been dark and rainy here, so I ended up taking my picture using a desk lamp.  But at least the verse is clear and that's what it's all about! 
This week's verse is such a reminder to me to be careful about where I'm looking for wisdom/direction in life.   True wisdom is found only in God, and He promises to give it to those who ask. (see James 1:5)  
It's also a reminder to me to ask for that wisdom "early" .   Why is it that we tend to go to God last?  I'm so guilty of doing this.  I'll ask my husband, friends, or family before seeking God.  It should be God first, or as this verse would say it "early".   I'm so glad to have made this a card this week using the Word Art Wednesday verse, I really needed this reminder. 

misty d. designs

Haha, you can totally see the light from my desk lamp in the corner of this picture.  I thought it looked kinda cool though. 
For this week's card I used paper from My Minds Eye and Simple Stories.  I fussy cut some flowers from the MME paper and added some black Martha Stewart micro beads to the centers. 
Lastly, I added some Doodle Bug Designs sequins.  

Misty D. Designs

And now for that big news!   Word Art Wednesday is now on Instagram!   Come on over for a visit.  If you're on IG and have entered our challenge, then we encourage you to share your card on IG and use hashtag #WAWchallenge.   We'll be watching for your tags and just might feature your card on our IG page.  (please make sure your account is public if you'd like to be featured) 
Stop on by the Word Art Wednesday Blog for more big news from Karen......
As always the challenge is "anything goes"  I'd love to see your creations. 

Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!