Jun 15, 2013

Mod Podged Graduation Tile

Hello there, it's me again. Just poppin in for a quick visit. I am still working on updating the blog, repairing broken links, adding the Mocha Doodle Designs logo to my printables, ect... but I've also been working on several projects in my craft space, and I can't wait to show them to you. 
Most recently I've just finished a personalized tile for a sweet girl. Our family was honored to be invited to her graduation and after party/ BBQ :) This is what I crafted for her.

The layout was inspired by her gorgeous picture. Her talented photographer dad took this shot, and I loved it. I couldn't help but think of my God who is sovereign over all, and who is watching over her life.  
I began this tile using paper and sticker elements from Basic Grey, the Plumeria line. I Then used Mod Podge to adhere everything that was flat to the tile. Once the paper, stickers, and picture were dry, I added the 3D elements Prima flowers, bling, and butterflies.  I used the butterfly stickers from the BG kit and adhered them onto card stock, cut them out and glued them on with the wings popped up. Lastly I used my Viva pearl pen to add some pretty accents down the side. 
 Here is a close up showing what I did with the butterflies. For the verse, I just printed it off, cut it out, and Mod Podged it on. So easy. 
 In this close up you can see that I used the alpha stickers that come with the BG kit. Another use of the butterfly. Here you can see the pearl accents made using the Viva pen. I also adorned her name using a flower that I cut from a Websters Pages bloomer, and lastly I used Some Prima bling that curved nicely around the label. 

 And I leave you with this close up of the flower cluster. I curved it around her beautiful picture, just to bring more attention to the photo. 
These Mod Podge tiles make nice gifts, and are so easy to make. Just think of it as a scrapbook layout glued down to a tile... making it a permanent keepsake. 
Until next time, 
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png


2 comments:

  1. Hi Misty! This is really lovely, and I'm SO grateful to have you share with us in our challenge. May God bless your week, and please know that I really do appreciate you sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, you always leave the most encouraging comments. Thank you so much, your truly an online blessing, and I believe that God is using you in this way. Your blogs bring Him glory, and that's what it's all about. God Bless you!

      Delete

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!