Oct 12, 2012

Close to My Heart, Birthdays and a Winner!

Alright, I will not delay this any longer. I know that you've been waiting to find out who the winner of the My Memories V.3 is..... CONGRATULATIONS! Marianne Fisher. I hope you enjoy creating with your new software! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
In recent news, I received my order this week from a company called Close to My Heart, and I loved it. This is what I ordered:
Canvas badge buttons
irresistibles lots of dots
clear acrylic cards
basic mini ink pads

Once I tore open the box, I could not wait to use my new toys. So, considering that I had four birthdays this week, I decide to get right to work making a birthday card.
I started with the clear acrylic card as my base and My Minds Eye Paper. If you've never made a card using acrylic, I encourage you to give it a try, it's so pretty, and unique. I used the mini ink pads to distress my paper, and they are the best inks I've ever used! I am not compensated in any way for saying that, I truly like this ink, and it will probably be the ink I buy for all of my future projects.


I fussy cut the butterfly from the patterned My Minds Eye Paper, then glued it to a chipboard butterfly from my stash that I had inked. Then adhered 3 pearls from my stash. The Happy Birthday lettering is from The Girls Paperie sticker pad.  The tan lace trim I ordered from a daily deal site called Pick Your Plum... it's local, so I don't pay shipping!
The resin flower I also ordered from Pick Your Plum. The frame is from Prima Marketing.

This is the inside of the card, once again more My Minds Eye Paper, and the rub-ons are from my stash  I think they are from S.E.I.
So if you've enjoyed what you see here, I encourage you to visit the Close to My Heart web site and place an order. My friend Cheri from DJ Sundries gets credit towards her new cricket cartridge when you order. So go show her some love. :-)
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope this helps to get your creative juices flowing.
Have a great weekend, 
 photo my custom signature_zpseg74gyud.png

7 comments:

  1. Misty, this is absolutely gorgeous. I wasn't going to try their inks, but I may now. Thanks for the shoutout.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks also for linking up at the 3 Girl JAM challenge blog.

      Cheri

      Delete
    2. Your so welcome! Thank you for educating me about Close to my heart, their product is great. So glad you had a chance to stop by the blog today, and thank you for hosting the link up.

      Delete
  2. Your card is gorgeous!! Love all the distressing and details! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is WONDERFUL! Thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the hexagons!! Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM!

    JulieK
    http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
    http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!
    TFS and linking up over at the 3 Girl Jam Challenge Blog! Would love to see you join in our next challenge starting tomorrow :)
    Jessica
    3GJ~DT

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!