Feb 14, 2012

Staying Organized

So I thought today I would share with my readers a tip. Something that has been very helpful to me. It's really simple, not anything that's going to knock your socks off. Are you ready for this? Here it is... I keep a list. Yes, you read correctly, I keep a list. 

I printed off this daily organizing template from Lifes a Journal . I tucked it into a plastic page protector, and hung it on my refrigerator. I use a dry erase marker to write my lists, this way I won't need to  print a new chart everyday, just wipe off the page protector and start over. This has been such a huge blessing for me, I'm a very visual person, and being able to look at what I need to do for the day keeps me on track. Also it feels great to check off what I've finished . 
I start by filling out the list the night before, by doing this, I no longer wake up with my mental "to do" list. I'm free to start my day out focusing on my savior rather than everything that needs to be done. I don't have to try and "remember" because I've already put the daily tasks on my list.
I use the "Today's Goals" section of the page to list personal and spiritual goals for the day. I don't list any "to-do's" in this section. For example today's goals were: start with Christ, End with Christ, Show mercy, And mortify the flesh. Doing this gives me a visual reminder of what my ultimate purpose for the day should  be, and what should be foremost in my thoughts for the day. 
I especially like the "hydrate" portion of this chart.  I'm terrible at making sure I get enough water during the day. This serves as a constant reminder every time I go to the kitchen for a drink, to choose water. 
So there you have it, my very simple tip of the day. If you would like to print out your own copy of this chart    click here


I'm linking up with:
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I like how simple it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! What a fun way to stay organized and a great reminder of what needs to be down for the day. I'm always forgetting what I need to do, so this would be great for me! Can't wait to use it! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day and encourage me to keep going in this crazy blog endeavor. Thank you!